[argyllcms] Re: relativ volume of gamut -- vrml comparison?

  • From: Klaus Karcher <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2008 14:23:01 +0100

Hi Preben,

you wrote:
I was inspired by Klaus and made some tests with the modified tiffgamut.
My idea with these test was to show, if there is any idea in using
wide gamut profiles like ProphotoRGB, when data comes from the camera.
In a second run of the tests, I changed the flags for timage to give
16 bit precision and smooth flag, but it gave only small changes (i.e
< 1%).

Nice to hear that you are also interested in gamut volumes :)

I'm testing the influence of the -d parameter on iccgamut's and tiffgamut's results systematically right now. The next step will be to investigate the influence of timage's -r parameter.

So next I tried to use the precision flag -p in cctiff, and this gave
huge changes in the calculated gamut volumes, but only when the camera
profile was involved.

hmm. strange.

Can AdobeRGB expand the camera's gamut?
Can somebody explain what happens?

no answers yet -- sorry. I'll keep you posted.

Klaus