[argyllcms] profiling for CaptureOne

  • From: Iliah Borg <ib@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 13:08:01 -0400

My friend complained that the colour he is getting from CaptureOne shooting his
Nikon D3 was not very good, especially he complained at shadows being bluish,
purples turning bluish too. Using my spectral measurements for D3  I created a
matrix profile with
colprof -v -A "Nikon" -M "D3" -D "Nikon D3 for C1" -C "Iliah Borg, 2011" -qh
-nc -aS -O C1_NikonD3_IB.icm NikonD3

The output colour was much improved, and my friend was happy. Suddenly it
turned out that colour editing in C1 stopped working. He wrote to C1 tech
support, attaching the profile. Here are the answers he got:

№1:
It looks like an class Output profile that has been changed to class Input -
none of the tags really conform to input class profile. Our engine works in a
Lab environment and this is XYZ for instance.

If you compare this profile with one of our shipped profiles in colorsync you
will see what I mean.

№2:
Development say in addition the Profile is missing the A2B tag - this is why it
does not work with coloreditor.

Have fun.

--
Iliah Borg