[argyllcms] Re: problems hitting white point (color temperature, RGB gain/contrast) while maintaining brightness: dE not stable

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 08:55:24 +1100

Gerhard Fuernkranz wrote:

I'm wondering whether this might be an interference between integration
time and vertical refresh rate? Graeme, does the Spyder driver actually
sync with the vertical refresh rate? Or does it just rely on a
(hopefully) long enough integration time?

Hi Gerhard,
        I was wondering if it was something like that too. The spyder 2
is meant to be synchronized with the refresh, and it will normally
do a white calibrate to achieve this. The Spyder 3 doesn't have such
a capability. Turning on diagnostics may give some indication as
to whether this is working reasonably.