[argyllcms] Re: printtarg feature request: scale gauge

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2010 13:28:51 +1100

Pascal de Bruijn wrote:
Folks often print target improperly scaled targets, because they
forgot to enable "full-bleed printing" for example.

Is this just something you've seen for TIFF test charts ?

I think this is really a bug :- the TIFF file should be the page
size minus the margin, so that you can print it to that sized
page without clipping or resizing.

[If you're seeing this with PS or EPS then I suspect the driver
 you're printing through is buggy, and is getting confused about
 the bounding box and page size.]

Maybe it's a thought to print a 1inch/~2.5cm gauge in the target
image, so the user can easily measure it, and see if it was properly
scaled.

The problem is that you have to trade test squares for such a feature.
I'm not convinced a majority would think this is a good trade-off.

Instead, how about I fix the TIFF output to not include the paper
margin ?