[argyllcms] Re: printtarg: Error - Internal - half edges don't match

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2013 14:24:41 +1000

János, Tóth F. wrote:

Hi,

> printtarg: Error - Internal - half edges don't match

> printtarg -v -iCM -h -T600 -pA4 -S temp

> Is this a bug or a feature? I can't find a reason and I don't like it.

It's a consequence of requesting scan recognition info for a CM double density
chart. This is not normal, and the code hasn't allowed for it - if you don't
have an instrument you will typically use the SS layout, which will work. If
you have a CM instrument, then you don't need scan recognition.

> Oh, I guess it expects hexagonal patches with -h regardless of -iCM (double
> density instead of hexagonal).

No, -iCM -h creates a double density offset strip chart, not a SS hex chart.
You can see that on the .tif, which is created before the error.

(I'll see if I can fix this problem in a future release.)