[argyllcms] Re: printer profiles - how to get max black

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 22:04:07 +1100

Mike Russell wrote:

This is a (relatively) recent Epson, the 670, using Epson carts and paper. One unusual thing is that the swatches printed extremely dark, even with the film setting, which I believe uses the least amount of ink. Other than pure white, the brightest patch had a reading of Lab(87,-4,38).

That's disappointing then. The RGB gamut shape I get from my
Epson R1800 looks pretty good by comparison - it looks like a
printer gamut, and the black is broad and fully integrated into
the CMY gamut.