[argyllcms] Re: printcal

  • From: Vladimir Gajic <vgajic67@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 15:21:09 +0200

Hello Graeme and all,

my problem seems to be solved.
First I tried to tweak the driver settings, witch gave no results at all.
The described cyan-problem persisted. I switched-off all profiles in
photoshop, windows and the printer-driver. After assigning a sRGB-profile to
the linearization target the problem was fixed, the cyan was printed
correctly.
This should mean, that if no profile is assigned to the printer, windows (or
the printer-driver) will convert all colours into its native colourspace
witch is sRGB. Stupid but true... Since my working-colourspace was set to
Adobe RGB (but was not assigned to the linearization target), the driver
converted from Adobe RGB to sRGB. This caused the cyan to be flat in the
high saturated area.
I attached my new calibration plot. Maybe you have further suggestions.

Regards
Vladimir