[argyllcms] pre-press proofing questions

  • From: Stephan Bourgeois <strangelv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 08:42:12 +0100

Hello everybody,
sorry if this may be slightly off-topic. I am shifting the topic from home prints of digital photographs to proofing of CMYK separations on inkjet.
1. Beyond the number of patches used for profiling the printer, I read the commercial blurb of a proofing system called Oris Color Tuner that drives Epson hexachrome inkjets. They are saying that profiling is half of the job, and that a clever choice of medium is important to make the proof look closer to the final print. They offer media *without* whitening agents as they say that offset stock rarely uses those, and that FWA can confuse instruments when profiling the printer. What do you think of this?

2. Has anybody read "Real World Color Management" by Bruce Fraser ?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0321267222/ref=ord_cart_shr/202-8918391-9279042?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Thank you for your comments,
Stephan.