[argyllcms] paper profile (RGB)

  • From: Yves Gauvreau <gauvreau-yves@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2020 09:46:07 -0500

I see in the docs that colprof can be used with a specific gamut maybe from an image. Can we consider this the same or similar to the "Image dependent gamut mapping using device link" scenario?

I understand if this give essentially the same result, one would need to have the data (.ti3) for each paper which make this approach less flexible I would believe, right?

My other question in this same line of thinking (image dependent...), what would be a good choice for the profile given to colprof when you intend to create a device link profile for each image you want to print via this method. In other words, I would create a  profile for the systematic use of the image dependent gamut mapping scenario via device link profile.

Thanks,
Yves