[argyllcms] Re: output ICC gamut in RGB

  • From: Ben Goren <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2014 10:54:46 -0700

On Oct 26, 2014, at 10:34 AM, Robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> This is a function I would really like (building list of colors in a TIFF) –
> but I’m not prepared to pay $400 for software that I can’t even try out first.

If you have any programming experience at all, this would be a textbook example
of an introductory assignment using a standard graphics library. Many modern
programming environments ship with one, and LibTIFF is freely available for the
rest.

The code to do this would literally be no more than a dozen or so lines at
most. For that matter, if you know what you're doing, you could probably write
it as an inline one-liner with Perl to call from the command line.

But, beware: even a small image has a _lot_ of pixels. 1024 * 768 = 786,432.
And what, realistically, are you going to do with a million lines of RGB
values? That sort of data is best analyzed visually...which leads you right
back where you started....

Cheers,

b&