[argyllcms] Re: output ICC gamut in RGB

  • From: <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2014 22:09:57 -0000

Much obliged Ben!

Two new tools I had seen but not thought to use.

A couple of questions:

1.
If I use xicclu like this:
xicclu -ff -ir profile.icm < rgbValues.txt > rgbLabValues.txt

Am I correct in assuming that the input space (say AdobeRGB) for the
conversion will be defined by profile.icm?  I can see how that would work
with Argyll as one specifies the input space when making the profile, but
what about i1Profiler, say?  As far as I'm aware, there is no way of
specifying the input space to i1Profiler.  I asked Graham about this a while
back and he didn't know how i1Profiler can build an output profile without
knowing the input space.  A bit of a puzzle!

2.
I've been verifying profiles like this:

targen -v -d2 -G -f100 iPFTest
copy iPFTest.ti1 iPFRef.ti1

printtarg -v -r -ii1 -a1.0 -T300 -M6 -pA4 iPFTest
cctiff -v -ir -e iPF6400_HP_ID_Satin.icm iPFTest.tif iPFTestO.tif
move /Y iPFTestO.tif iPFTest.tif

fakeread -v -Ir iPF6400_HP_ID_Satin.icm iPFRef

Pause Print iPFTest.tif using no color management.
chartread iPFTest

Pause The test results will be in iPFValidate.txt
colverify -v2 -N -k -s -w -x -L iPF6400_HP_ID_Satin.icm iPFRef.ti3
iPFTest.ti3 >iPFValidate.txt

Would something like this be the equivalent, using profcheck?
targen -v -d2 -G -f100 iPFTest

printtarg -v -r -ii1 -a1.0 -T300 -M6 -pA4 iPFTest
cctiff -v -ir -e iPF6400_HP_ID_Satin.icm iPFTest.tif iPFTestO.tif

Pause Print iPFTestO.tif using no color management.
chartread iPFTest

Pause The test results will be in iPFValidate.txt
profcheck -v2 -k -w -x -Ir -p iPFTest.ti3 iPF6400_HP_ID_Satin.icm
iPFTest.ti3 >iPFValidate.txt

Thanks,

Robert