[argyllcms] Re: oeminst for new i1display pro fails

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2014 20:53:58 +1100

Pascal de Bruijn wrote:

> With 1.6.3 released (and a new device added to my "collection"), it seems
> oeminst still isn't operating an in ideal fashion:
>
> $ sudo oeminst -v -S l /media/pmjdebruijn/i1Profiler\

> Wrote '/usr/local/share/ArgyllCMS/WLEDFamily_07Feb11.ccss' 56462 bytes
>
> So it's only writing a single .ccss, instead of the whole bunch. I tried
> looking into the code, but it's fairly complex :(

Hi,
    I don't seem to be able to reproduce this with any
install archive I have. The i1Profiler (i1Publish) V1.5 i1ProfilerSetup.exe
from X-Rite's website seems to translate and install all the .ccss files
for instance.

> Another very minor peculiarity is the target path
> /usr/local/share/ArgyllCMS (or ~/.local/share/ArgyllCMS), where at least on
> Linux, it's a bit uncommon to use caps, I'd suggest to use

That's as intended - it's "Argyll Color Management System".
Does it cause any issues ?

> even better something along the lines of REFSUBDIR=share/color/argyll :)

I'm not sure how that would work, as it's meant to be a known location.
Making it variable would cause lots of issues with setup files
not being located.

Graeme.