[argyllcms] newbie stuff

  • From: Duane Ruck <dlruckus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 21:50:53 -0700 (PDT)

Hi folks. Just a new introductee to argyll with
probably dumb questions.
First an observation. It appears that the -xl function
in printread has a bug. In the ti3 file the resultant
values are in 0-1 scale versus 0-100 for direct XYZ
input using -xx. That does strange things to profiles
and, being a know nothing of argyll, it took me a
while to understand what was happening.
 As I don't have a supported instrument, I am learning
the hard way by using a desktop spectro and inputting
data by hand. That will serve temporarily while I
learn how to use argyll.
 I can use spectral data but I don't know what the ti3
form looks like with that included, so cannot put it
into the file by hand. It would be helpful if someone
could post an example ti3 with the spectral data
included.
 I think that I can make a small utility to place the
appropriate data into a dummy ti3 from a readings file
collected by means other than printread and will
pursue that for the moment.
 Thanks for any help.

Regards.
Duane

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated for
today's economy) at Yahoo! Games.