[argyllcms] Re: nVidia Optimus External Monitor Calibration and Profiling

  • From: Leonardo Facchin <l.facchin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2014 14:15:18 +0200

Kai-Uwe, thanks for the reply and the explanation.
It's reassuring to know that I was overthinking the whole issue and that the solution was much simpler than I thought at first.

Thanks everybody for helping out, thanks Graeme for an awesome, well-documented software and Florian for writing a nice GUI that is very helpful to people who are just moving their first steps in the calibration process.

Best Regards,
Leonardo Facchin

Il 10/8/2014 10:21 AM, Kai-Uwe Behrmann ha scritto:
Am 08.10.2014 um 09:58 schrieb Leonardo Facchin:
Il 10/7/2014 2:11 PM, Alan Goldhammer ha scritto:
This sounds like a hybrid system where the nVidia GPU is used to do
calculations on an as needed basis but the Intel HD graphics is
responsible for the video output.  IF this is the case you should be
able to conventionally profile the display and not have any further
worries as the IGP handles the colors and not the nVidia GPU.
agreed

Just some notes about the details. Calibration is a on-the-fly
correction inside the output graphics card. In your case that will be
handled by the IGP. If a second GPU delivers some frames to the first
one does not matter at all. Colour conversions inside shaders should be
handled by both graphic cards equally well - just processing time might
be different.

kind regards
Kai-Uwe

--