[argyllcms] Re: monitor calibration - strange behavior

  • From: Alberto Ferrante <alberto.ferrante@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 20:31:48 +0100

Graeme Gill wrote:
>> Inconsistency between different reads in the same conditions. I just run
>> dispcal -r multiple times without even touching the colorimeter.
>> I've done the same with dispcal -R with much more consistent results.
>
> It sounds like that explains your shift from 100 to 97 then ?

Well, actually not... Let me summarize things a bit:
* different reads done by using dispcal -R give pretty consistent
results (about 101.5)
* different reads by dispcal -r give pretty inconsistent results (97-108)
* white point setting (option 2) in dispcal give reasonably consistent
results (about 101.5)
* the verification step of dispcal (repeated twice) gives a read of
about 101.

To me it looks like the problem is somehow in dispcal -r

Yesterday night I tried profcheck on the icc profile by using 500 new
patches and the results I got is the following:
No of test patches = 512
Profile check complete, errors: max. = 2.817538, avg. = 1.219014, RMS =
1.335181

Regards,
   Alberto

--