[argyllcms] Re: monitor calibration - strange behavior

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 11:11:28 +1100

Alberto Ferrante wrote:
Hi,

> dispcal -t6500 -gs -b100 -qh -v -e1 -yl eizoCX240

> What happens is that, after the verification step of dispcal the
> luminosity is about 100. Though, at the end of the process, dispcal -r
> measures a luminosity of 97 with the same profile.

> Is such a behavior normal?

Probably. It's hard to pin down why. Often the display is not
that consistent, or small things (such as moving the instrument)
can change the reading. Sometimes it tricky to hit a particular
brightness and stay within gamut, if the brightness is close to
the limit of the display. Maybe there is a bug in dispcal (I've
looking into this type of thing in the past, but display
inconsistency has defeated any attempt to decide if there is a bug.)

> Furthermore, is the -d3 option of targen correct as the monitor is a
> wide-gamut one?

Yes, that's the correct setting for an RGB display.