[argyllcms] Re: linux + NEC

  • From: Peter Karp <pmailing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Andreas F.X. Siegert" <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 20:32:21 +0100

Guten Tag Andreas F.X. Siegert,

am Montag, 19. Januar 2009 um 13:40 schrieben Sie:

> on 19.01.2009 13:27 Alexandre Prokoudine said the following:
>> "The latest version of the SpectraViewII software brings several new
>> features and enhancements, including improved color accuracy and
>> support for the X-Rite ColorMunki spectrophotometer on Mac OS and
>> Windows. Developed for large-volume users, a Linux version of
>> SpectraViewII will also be available in February 2009, providing a
>> truly cross-platform color calibration solution. "

> Interesting, a year ago BasICColor said they had no interest in Linux at
> all. (as far as I know their software is resold as SpectreaView by NEC)

In Europe a relabled basICColor display version is bundled with the
NEC Spectraview series monitors. In the states a _totally_ different
software is sold. The developers are different people. I've had no
chance to see the US version, but AFAIK it used to be (many years ago)
pretty limited, but it is said to be much more advanced today. So I
guess that today you can use both with good success.

Other vendors also had a linux version "in house" but never brought
them to the market, but if the linux users show that they are
interested in a solution and pay for it I think it won't be unlikely
that a linux version might be offered by one or the other vendors.

Best regards
Peter