[argyllcms] Re: libXss.so.1 not found

  • From: Leonard Evens <len@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 09:10:03 -0600

On Mon, 2007-12-31 at 12:40 +0100, Hans Vanpee wrote:
> Hello Leonard,
>
> Thanks for your reply. I tried to install the -devel package for
> libXss.so.1 but I found it was already present on my system. Is there a
> list of all -devel packages needed for Argyll?

I don't think it is an issue with argyll.  It is the way that Ubuntu
organizes software.  Unfortunately, I don't know what Ubuntu does, but I
was conjecturing it does something similar to Fedora, which I use.

If the library is present, but argyll says it can't find it, it may be
that it needs a LD_LIBARY_PATH varialbe set or something simillar.  It
also may be because it is looking for something associated with that
library rather than the library itself.

My son has Ubuntu installed at home, and the next time I visit him, I
will look to see how  ubuntu organizes things, but that may not be for a
while.  Let's hope someone who is using argyll with Ubuntu will respond.