[argyllcms] learning process

  • From: Tommaso Schiavinotto <mynos_main@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 08:42:22 +0200

Hi all,

I tried to calibrate and profile my monitor using Argyll,
I started with this command line:
# dispcal -t 6500  -v -q h -y c  hyundai

I was able to get values really close to target values for
Black level, White Point, White level adjusting the corresponding
settings on my monitor.
For The Black Point instead I had quite high DE values (23) and
I did not find any RGB offset controls on my monitor.

At the end of the calibration I get that the error level is not
below the expected level (0.4), if I remember correctly is something
like 0.9. It is the monitor fault? Have I any way to resolve it?

I've seen many options as -b/-B/-w/-k/-T but I've no idea of what kind
of value should be put there. Then, I've set the "default" temperature
and no more.

When I start dispread I see that there is some change in what I see,
everything become more bright. Unfortunately the black background of
my monitor is much brighter of what I expect (I can see a lot of
difference compared to the black region around my CRT). Is that normal?
Would be that overcome after finishing the profiling? Is that due to not
been able to set the black point correctly?

Thank you for the patience :)

--Tommaso