[argyllcms] Re: lab2lab.icm

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 10:25:39 +1100

Richard Hughes wrote:
> I've been looking at the profiles we ship by default on the Fedora
> LiveCD. We currently ship lab2lab.icm from Argyll. What's the point in
> this profile, and is it useful to actual users? Thanks.

Many systems have CMM's that will only work with two device
profiles - ie. they assume that they are translating from
a device to a device space, so lab2lab allows you to get
access to the PCS side of a device profile using these
types of CMM's. This does assume that the rest of the
CMM machinery will do reasonable things about encoding/decoding
Lab values though...