[argyllcms] Re: it3 format

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 16:50:37 +1100

Holger Kiemes wrote:
I allready read the "Description of the .ti3 format" but I have still some
questions regardig
> the data sets (the lines between BEGIN_DATA and END_DATA):

I am want to create only (s)RGB profiles.

1) which values are written in a dataset? is it the expected color value in RGB
and the
> measured value in XYZ?

For creating a profile, the data set consists of the
device test values (RGB), and the corresponding measured values (XYZ or L*a*b*).

2) if there are more than two value pairs in a data set, are these severel
measured values
> to be averaged by profile or are this different formats of the one measured
value (like XYZ and L*a*b*)?

I'm not sure what you mean. If a table includes more than one CIE type (such as
XYZ and L*a*b*)
then Argyll programs like profile will use the one in the COLOR_REP field. Other
software might choose to use either CIE type.

Argyll's profile will average together the CIE values for samples that have the
same device values
for output and display profiles, and will average together the device values
for samples
that have the same CIE value for input profiles.

3) Is the order of the values in the dataset importent, do i need to switch
RGB, XYZ values
> to XYZ, RGB according to the value of COLOR_REP?

CGATS style file columns are not order sensitive. The DATA_FORMAT defines what
data
each column holds.