[argyllcms] input profiles -u and - U scale

  • From: Jan-Peter Homann <homann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2011 14:41:31 +0100

Hello,
After making input profiles with ArgyllCMS I had some cases of blow out in light areas for other media than the IT8 reference.

Both -u and -U /scale/ adress this problem.

To have a better idea about -U /scale:/ is there a scaling value where -U /scale: /behaves like -u ?

****

By the way, the automatic testchart recognition of ArgyllCMS is quite robust and is not available in Commercial tools like e.g. X-Rite Profilemaker or BasICColor input.

Doing ICC profiling since the first betaversions of Linotype Scan / Print Open, Logo Profilemaker and Colorblind, I can state, that ArgyllCMS plays in the league of like commercial profiling tools.
(and none of commercial tools hase CLI support...)

best regards
Jan-Peter

--
----------  Please note the new adress --------------