[argyllcms] Re: included yajl project?!

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 02:32:23 +1100

Richard Hughes wrote:
ArgyllCMS seems to include a very old version of yagl - version 0.3.0.

Upstream (http://lloyd.github.com/yajl/) seems to be on version 1.0.5
right now. Are there any security problems or fixes in the last few
releases? I'm also not sure if shipping yajl as part of a GPLv3
application is allowed, I mean looking at jcnf/yajl/COPYING that seems
pretty GPLv3 incompatible. Debian seems to identify yagl as GPL
version 2.

The COPYING file clearly indicates it is a free use, MIT/BSD style
copyright, which was one of the primary reasons I chose to use
it, and hence is compatible with any GPL code.
In fact, right at the top of <http://lloyd.github.com/yajl/>
it says "YAJL is released under the BSD license."

I'm not sure which version it is, since there doesn't seem to be
a version number in any of the source or documentation files. I'd
be surprised if it is 0.3.0 though. I'll figure out what it is
and set the appropriate macros. I have made a few modifications
as used by Argyll to support reading and setting comments, so
maybe I'll see if I can feed them back upstream.