[argyllcms] included yajl project?!

  • From: Richard Hughes <hughsient@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 11:13:49 +0000

ArgyllCMS seems to include a very old version of yagl - version 0.3.0.

Upstream (http://lloyd.github.com/yajl/) seems to be on version 1.0.5
right now. Are there any security problems or fixes in the last few
releases? I'm also not sure if shipping yajl as part of a GPLv3
application is allowed, I mean looking at jcnf/yajl/COPYING that seems
pretty GPLv3 incompatible. Debian seems to identify yagl as GPL
version 2.

Note: I don't mind if argyll ships a internal version of yagl, it just
concerns me that it's a very old copy with an unclear licence.

Richard.