[argyllcms] i1pro wrong XYZ values

  • From: Jörg Koch <jmkoch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 22:45:39 +0100

Hello,

I measured color patches on my notebook LCD using the i1pro and experienced much higher absolute XYZ values when comparing these measurements with the measurments using the i1pro x-rite drivers + software. When measuring with the sypder3 using spyder3 software I get similar values than the i1pro with the x-rite software, thus there seems to e a problem with the Argyll measurements.

i1pro with Argyll driver results XYZ:
red: 87, 51, 14
green: 61, 105, 26
blue: 36, 35, 164
white: 178, 179, 200

i1pro with x-rite software XYZ:
red: 63, 37, 10
green: 45, 80, 18
blue: 26, 25, 117
white: 133, 141, 144

What can the cause of this difference be?

Command: spotread -d

spotread -e led to even higher luminance values of about e.g 200 cd/m2 for the white.

This seemed to be a related problem:
//www.freelists.org/post/argyllcms/EyeOne-Pro-Not-Calibrating-Properly

Thanks

Jörg