[argyllcms] i1pro linux continued

  • From: Geert Janssens <info@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 17:16:21 +0200

So I now have my first profile, with vcgt tag included. Color errors are
within acceptable range (err = 4.639393, avg err = 1.193249).

At this point have another set of questions:
* During several runs of dispcal and dispread, I get EEprom errors:
Failed to convert EEProm white data to calibration
or
Updating the calibration and log parameters to EEProm failed
Are those anything to be concerned about ?

* I am now trying to grasp how I can have some tool load the video LUT
automatically from the vcgt tag.

The documentation explains the use of dispwin or xcalib. But it only explains
how to call these tools manually. I would like to have this
installed/configured in such a way that these are always called automatically
at appropriate times. At first I naively thought that running this once at
the start of X11 would fix it. But after reading through the list archives it
seems there are a lot of cases where the LUT get overridden, like:
- screensaver activity
- powersave activity
- switch to console
- ...

What are the best recommendations to deal with this ? And what are the
pitfalls ?

Thank you,

Geert
--