[argyllcms] Re: i1 pro - eye one pro - spotread error

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2014 12:11:26 +1100

Alan Rockwood (Redacted sender alanrockwood2000@xxxxxxxxx for DMARC) wrote:
> When you say the not interchangeable I assume you mean they are not
> functionally
> interchangeable. It seems that physically the nose pieces (my term, not
> x-rite's term)
> can be interchanged. Hence, the UV filter nose piece fits on a body I own
> that is not
> matched to the UV filter.

Yes. It's very similar to the Spectrolino in that regard, although I
don't know of them offering D65 or Polarized versions.

> By the way, it would be interested to know what the differences in the bodies
> are
> (UV-filter or not.) I suspect they are hardware identical, but differ in the
> ROM
> contents.

Yes. I imagine this may well have been a cost constraint (EEProm size,
calibration time), as well as positioning against the more expensive
Spectrolino, which (I think) overlapped the initial availability of the
i1pro. With the absorption into X-Rite, something like the eXact fills
the role of a more accurate & flexible instrument now.