[argyllcms] Re: i1 Photo rebate or i1Beamer upgrade

  • From: Frédéric Mantegazza <frederic.mantegazza@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 12:30:48 +0100

On dimanche 30 mars 2008, Geert Janssens wrote:

> I presume the i1 Photo should somehow be aimed at the projection screen
> to read different colours as they are projected on it. I think I can
> improvise a holder for the i1 Photo, but is that all there is to it ?
> How do I aim it correctly ? Is there other hardware required ?

No, I don't think so. Just point it toward the screen... But I don't know
what distance should be used. Does it have a lens, to focalize on the
screen?

> Has someone on this list profiled a beamer using ArgyllCms ? If so, how
> did you do it ? Is it much different from profiling a monitor ?

Yes, we did. But not with a spectro, like the i1 pro. We used a i1 display
2. It was not possible to point it towards the screen, because we hadn't
enough light. So, we pointed it towards the beamer, using the ambiant
light cap. It worked pretty well. So I think the i1 pro will make really
good job!

> Of course, pointers to documentation or reports are welcome as well. No
> need to retype things that are already well documented.

Didn't read much about beamer calibration...

--
   Frédéric

   http://www.gbiloba.org