[argyllcms] Re: i1 Photo rebate or i1Beamer upgrade

  • From: Geert Janssens <info@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 13:18:58 +0200

Thank you Leonard and Graeme for your replies.

My beamer is used with different PC's running either linux or MacOS X and I
plan to use Argyll for all calibration purposes. So if the i1Beamer upgrade
is really all about the i1 Match software, I'll choose for the 200$ rebate.

Graeme's remark about a holder to support the instrument does make me wonder
about how exactly does one profile a beamer.

I presume the i1 Photo should somehow be aimed at the projection screen to
read different colours as they are projected on it. I think I can improvise a
holder for the i1 Photo, but is that all there is to it ? How do I aim it
correctly ? Is there other hardware required ?

Has someone on this list profiled a beamer using ArgyllCms ? If so, how did
you do it ? Is it much different from profiling a monitor ?

Of course, pointers to documentation or reports are welcome as well. No need
to retype things that are already well documented.

Thanks,

Geert

--
Kobalt W.I.T.