[argyllcms] Re: i1 Photo rebate or i1Beamer upgrade

  • From: Leonard Evens <len@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 21:04:42 -0500

On Sat, 2008-03-29 at 18:53 +0100, Geert Janssens wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have recently bought an i1 Photo LT from Pictureline's online store.
> Apparently they give a 200$ mail-in rebate or an i1 Beamer upgrade.
>
> I'm wondering which one I should choose. I have a beamer, so it would sure be
> nice if I could profile this one as well.

It is the software module to allow your i1Match software to calibrate
and profile your  projection equipment.  If you are using argyll for
that,  you presumably don't need it.

I don't have a projector, but I was also confused by that offer when I
purchased my Eye One Pro from B&H  Photo.   It is even more confusing
because my offer, and I suspect yours too, was made by the MAC group,
which is separate from Xrite but sells their products.  If you call
Xrite, they won't know anything about the rebate, and it isn't mentioned
on their website.

Needless to say I asked for the cash.  Since getting rebates is often
difficult and usually takes forever,  I was astonished when I got a
check from the MAC group for $200 within a week or two.

If you think you may want to use i1Match software to do your projector,
then you may want to use the rebate that way.

Xrite does have a standard offer for a $200 dollar discount for an
upgrade to their software which allows you to use a larger number of
patches when profiling a printer.  But since I use argyll, which gives
me that automatically,  I am not planning to buy that module.  I think
it is $200 after the discount.