[argyllcms] Re: help with camera profile

  • From: János, Tóth F. <janos666@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 20:36:00 +0200

I guess I created my firs semi-usable (not obviously unusable) camera
profile. :)

I printed a custom chart (using a simple CMYK inkjet printer and an average
photo paper -> I printed both sides and I ended up using the matte one to
get rid of the glare).
I took a photo under natural sunlight and I also measured the paper using
chartread with the -e parameter. I renamed the .ti3 to .cie and ran scanin.
I told colprof to create a matrix with linear TRC.

Oh, and I used UFraw, because I think I could get around the unneeded
processing by setting up some parameters manually. May be not... but still,
this profile looks at least "not too bad" which is a huge improvement for
me.
I am trying but I am still struggling with dcraw.

I guess two things could be wrong:
- the image wasn't perfectly exposed, especially not for those 3 (R,G,B)
remaining patches if I try t ignore the white patch
- the chartread emissive readings are not normalized to white luminance