[argyllcms] Re: help with camera profile

  • From: Gerhard Fuernkranz <nospam456@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 20:27:57 +0200

Am 31.07.2012 19:38, schrieb Iliah Borg:
Clipped shadows in conjunction with -as, -aS and CLUT-based input profiles can
be the result of fitting the profile to the glare which happens to be present
in the shot of the target
Generally I agree; but I strongly doubt it is my case. The setup I use is
practically glare-free.

While I also think that the scene (i.e. the studio lighting setup, background,
etc.) can be organized almost glare-free, I have no idea how one could eliminate
any glare originating _inside_ the lens? [unless attaching the lens cap :-) =>
no light no glare]

The behavior can be checked with synthetic targets, having zero flare.

Having the same problem with a synthetic "glare-free RGB shot" of a target is
of course an indication for a different problem...

Just wondering, is this was with additional (synthetic) black trap included, or
w/o black trap? Dmax of reflective targets is usually not so dark, and there
are no patches to characterize even darker regions, so one can only extrapolate
in this region (and even a  black trap would only add a single patch, but
enable interpolation instead of extrapolation).

Best Regards,
Gerhard