[argyllcms] Re: help with camera profile

  • From: edmund ronald <edmundronald@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 00:04:56 +0200

The whole color management technology was designed around the idea that
computers were being used to transfer images on film to printing presses.
Now we are using electronic devices for both capture and display, and
surprise! the old tools are if not quite obsolete at least quite limited
and cumbersome . Get over it. Ask the ICC to either get into the business
of standardising colors for electronic capture and display, or tho retire
to the old people's home.

Edmund