[argyllcms] Re: has anyone tried ColorVision PrintFIX ?

  • From: Gerhard Fuernkranz <nospam456@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 22:18:13 +0200

Btw, here is yet another statement from a PrintFix user, found by google at http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=26&p=2

   "I have the PrintFix software. After profiling my Canon i960 the
   ColorVision test image following a cfriends.com refill kit looks the
   same as that printed with OEM ink. However my daughters printed
   macro image of a panzy has way too much magenta in it. The point of
   all this is that ColorVision tech support made the statement to me
   that PrintFix was not meant to function with 3rd party ink. I was at
   a loss for words for a few seconds.  If not for 3rd party inks and
   paper, what is the point??"

I think this also an indication that Graeme's and my suspicion might be legitimate.

Regards,
Gerhard

Greg Sullivan schrieb:

Gerhard wrote:
Gerhard wrote:

That's my impression as well. Obviously they only support
a limited set of printers. Thus I also guess it is just
a trichromatic CIS scanner plus a database of calibration
data for correcting the scans for the different typical
reflectance spectra produced by the different supported
printers.

Or, I wonder whether it may just be that they have decided to optimise the test charts for the various tonal responses of the different
printers. (if you look at their "how it works" section on the web site,
step 1 is to choose the test chart for the specific model of
printer to be profiled)

Greg.