[argyllcms] Re: has anyone tried ColorVision PrintFIX ?

  • From: Gerhard Fuernkranz <nospam456@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 02:19:07 +0200

Graeme Gill schrieb:

As a colorimeter, a 3 LED scanner is likely to be far worse than
a white light based/filter/CCD type scanner, since it's narrow
band rather than the broad band responses that the CIE observer
requires.

I guess, the response of a CIS scanner is probably rather comparable to narrow-band densitometry (like ISO Status I). Btw, does anybody know, for which applications and in which cases Status-I densitometry is actually used?

But anyway, the composite (light source + sensor) response of a scanner with CCFL lamps (which typically have rather tri-band phospors, and not broad-band F8-like ones), even if combined with RGB filters with smooth, broad-band shapes, is IMO far-off D50/colorimetric either.

Regards,
Gerhard