[argyllcms] hargyllcms available now.

  • From: Richard Hughes <hughsient@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 21:36:37 +0000

Hey guys,

I wanted to keep you all in the loop. hargyllcms is now available as a
git tree from http://github.com/hughsie/hargyllcms -- It's been
created to make the lives of Linux distributors much easier, as Argyll
is pretty tricky to configure and install in Linux.

It's basically argyllcms 1.1.0 rc2, with the bundled libraries
removed, and the automake build system added. The automake build
system is a lot simpler than efforts in the past, creating just two
static (internal, not installed) internal libraries and the tools all
link against this. This is required due the complex source layout and
the few recursive dependency chains. The supplied spec file builds on
my Fedora 12 system just fine.

There are no "policy" patches added, it's just rc2 repackaged with a
few bits ripped out. I'm not keen on taking random patches that are
not in argyllcms upstream. I'm not intending to maintain this little
fork, so if you want something included, talk to Graeme and get it
upstream. I'll rebase my tree whenever there is a new argyll release.

If argyll differs from hargyll in bugs, then that's not intentional.
Please don't report bugs against argyll  (or pester Graeme) if you
find a bug in hargyll, please check the official binary before you
email the mailing list. If people could check it out and make sure it
works, then in a few days I'll create a rc2 tarball and put it on my
website. Thanks.

Richard.