[argyllcms] googling in circles here, DTP-94

  • From: "Jan Walker" <walkercircle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 14:35:37 -0400

iMac, running OS 10.10.2

I have a DTP-94 from multiple years ago, certainly more than 5. I plug it in to USB. When dispcalGUI starts up, it reports seeing the instrument. But that's as far as it goes:

dispcalGUI: Starting interaction with subprocess
Setting up the instrument
icoms_usb_transaction: ReadPipeAsync failed with 0xe000404f
icoms_usb_transaction: ReadPipeAsync failed with 0xe000404f
dispcal: Error - new_disprd() failed with 'Instrument Access Failed'

I've tried, really. I've been pawing around in the documentation and webpages for several hours already. But I can't figure out whether I've not installed something right or whether the instrument has gone bad sitting in its case all these years.

note: I have used dispcalGUI previously with an i1DisplayPro (so the basic application software is OK) but I had to return that to its owner. My system has a number of files with xrite in the name but I don't know whether they were specific to the i1 Display or what. There aren't any processes running with "x" in the name. I need help. Is there an easy out-of-band way to determine whether the instrument is actually dead? Is that what the message means?
Thanks
Jan