[argyllcms] Re: gamut mapping

  • From: edmund ronald <edmundronald@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Klaus Karcher <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 09:55:59 +0200

Oh, I'll be glad to help with documentation. If it works. This monkey
only trusts his own lying eyes.

I've been waiting for years for something like this, because otherwise
I have to do it by hand like every other art printer.  So I was very
enthusiastic when Klaus first launched his tool.

Note that adaptive gamut mapping is not something you want to over-use
if you are in prepress: Images in a batch containing the same colors
eg. various shots of the same model in the same dress, or scarves from
a collection silk-printed with the same dyes, need to match on the
printed page.

Edmund