[argyllcms] Re: gamut conversion through the LUT ?!

  • From: lee scratchy <leescratchy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 20:30:42 +0000

thanks for reply Gerhard, appreciated!

actually I wanna get rid of the Pixel Shader part.

the script works wonderfully at this point, but there's only 2 media
players(MPC and KMPlayer) that support this sort of PS script.

I wanna get gamut conversion active in any video renderer(Haali's Renderer
particularly), so I need the gamut conversion to be done through the LUT.

there's many apps that are supposed to do ICC gamut mapping like icclink and
collink.exe......but I didn't succeed to get them working.

if I managed to do so, I could capture the LUT with Powerstrip and I'd be good
to go!

Ideally(and that's what a friend of mine is trying to do), the idea would be to
output 16bit LUT data from the XLS spreadsheet(considering the matlab coeffs
that it contains are very effective) then put them into the graphic card's LUT
with dispwin.exe ?!

or maybe some other app that can do gamut mapping ?

if it can be done through a simple 3x3 R/G/B matrix with a Pixel Shader, why
couldn't it be done through a 16 bit LUT ?! :(

-Maxime

> Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 22:19:01 +0200
> From: nospam456@xxxxxx
> To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [argyllcms] Re: gamut conversion through the LUT ?!
>
> lee scratchy wrote:
>> [...]
>> I've tried to make an ICC profile for my display, then use the SMPTE-C ICC
>> profile of Photoshop....then using icclink/Gretag Profile Maker
>> 5/collink.exe/icctrans.exe
>>
>> I've failed.
>>
>> if this conversion is doable via PS scripts that simply apply matlab coeffs
>> on a simple 3x3 R/G/B matrix.....why not doing it through the LUT ?
>
> I'm not sure what you mean exactly. Is your desire to do a 3D CLUT
> device link color transformation with help of a pixel shader? Possibly
> something like this example program?
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/lcms-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg02326.html
>
> Regards,
> Gerhard