[argyllcms] Re: frame buffer depth vs. GammaTable depth

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2014 22:50:12 +1000

Regan Lowrey wrote:

> I’m encountering a dispcal warning message I can’t figure out how to resolve:
>
> “dispcal: Warning - new_dispwin: frame buffer depth 8 != GammaTable depth 10”

Hi,
        it's a warning, but if it works (does it ?), why are you attempting to
resolve anything ?

The warning is there to act as a clue if something fails.

V1.6.2 and V1.6.3 includes the code that warns about this contradiction in
what the API's are telling us and ignores it, rather than failing,
like V1.6.1 and prior did.

If it seems to work, then all we can do is shrug our shoulders and
continue to wonder what Apple is doing with it's billions of dollars -
they certainly don't seem to be spending much on OS X development, QA or
documentation ....