[argyllcms] frame buffer depth vs. GammaTable depth

  • From: Regan Lowrey <rclowrey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2014 05:15:04 -0700

Hello, I’m new to the list - Hope I do this right.

I’m encountering a dispcal warning message I can’t figure out how to resolve:

“dispcal: Warning - new_dispwin: frame buffer depth 8 != GammaTable depth 10”

Searched the list archives and found this issue was broached previously in late
Oct 2013.
> On Oct 20, 2013, at 7:36 PM, Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>       *snip*
> > I've modified these:
> > <http://www.argyllcms.com/disptools_osx64.tgz>
> > to believe the VideoLUT depth information. See
> > what happens.
I downloaded the disptools from the link provided. Swapped out the respective
executables in /Applications/Argyll_V1.6.3/bin but no joy. Confirmed the
dispcal now running is indeed a newer version by command line as it returns:

“Calibrate a Display, Version 1.6.4_beta”

Perhaps the disptools found at that link today are no longer modified to
resolve this issue. If that’s the case, is there a way I could obtain the late
Oct 2013 versions? Or am I missing something else?

Regan Lowrey
Macbook Pro Retina - Spyder4