[argyllcms] fglrx + dualhead + xinerama

  • From: "Florian Trösch" <firefly14@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 08:21:43 +0200

Hi,

I'm new to this list and a beginner with colormanagement. And my english is not
that good.
I use Ubuntu hardy, a notebook with a ati mobile x2300 and an old 17"-crt.
As always I get things done under linux, but I don't know how. So I'm managed
to set up a dual-head-configuration with xinerama and the official ati-driver
8.5.

Now my question...

If I use dispwin to load a icc-profile I can only use it with the external
monitor(the crt). No matter what I do, I can't load a profile for my
notebook-display. I tried different display-numbers like :0.0 and :0.1 but they
only work for the crt.
Using fglrx_xcalib(the fglrx-version auf xcalib) I have the same problem...but
this time I can't influence the crt and only the notebook-display. Again the
same problem with the display-numbers... :0.0 and :0.1 only work for the
notebook-display.

So I have two colormanaged display...but why? How does that work?
And more important...What disadvantages do I have to expect using both loaders
this way?