[argyllcms] Re: eye of gnome color management

  • From: "Lars Tore Gustavsen" <lars.tore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: len@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 08:35:37 +0100

On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 11:52 PM, Leonard Evens
<len@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestion.  I am willing to put up with the annoyance of
> having to run dispwin -L evert time I come back from the screensaver.  I
> put a launcher on my taksbar to do that.   Is there any other reason
> except for that to follow your suggestion?
>
> --
> Leonard Evens <len@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Mathematics Department, Northwestern University

Not really. I used a launcher also from some time. The problem was
that I forgot  often to run it.
The most critical with that is when you launch an icc_profile aware
application before you run  your launcher. Lets do a test. This is
about the x11 atom, and it is not destroyed by gnome-screensaver, only
by logout.
I expect that gimp  has "Try to use the system profile" checked, under
 Edit-settings-color managment

$ xprop -root -remove _ICC_PROFILE

$ gimp test1.jpg
$ dispwin -I BRG.icc
* from gimp. File-open test2.jpg. On my system they are identical,
which is wrong of course.

My point is that with a shortcut there is a chance that you may not
have color management enabled in the applications.

Regards
Lars Tore Gustavsen