[argyllcms] Re: dispwin vs xcalib loading LUT

  • From: Stefan Döhla <color@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Kai-Uwe Behrmann <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2007 13:26:27 +0100

Hi Kai-Uwe,

> xcalib should change the grafics card gamma table as described in the vcgt
> tag. I would guess xcalib is not supporting the parametric entry (~2.2) in
> opposite to the most often used curves.

Hm, that's not right. There's just the system gamma which is used in
xcalib and not used in dispwin. Whether it's right or not: xcalib went
the way of the other calibration loaders, dispwin the "clear" way.

>> *But*, when I load an Argyll generated profile (also attached), they both
>> give the same result!

> The argyll profile uses a curved vcgt tag.

Right, the gamma profiles use the VideoCardGammaFormula whereas the
Argyll-profile uses the VideoCardGammaTable. The table leaves no
space for misinterpretation - wherease the formula does ...

Happy new year
Stefan

--
mailto:color@xxxxxxxxx