[argyllcms] Re: dispwin sets the wrong X.org _ICC_PROFILE atom

  • From: Niccolò Belli <darkbasic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Elle Stone <ellestone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2016 15:54:54 +0100

On mercoledì 16 novembre 2016 14:55:22 CET, Elle Stone wrote:

Personally I'm putting off the switch to Wayland as long as possible. But hopefully even under Wayland I'll be able to start my computer and get to work without having to log in to a bloated desktop, and without having to fight through layers of UI-based control apps to do something I can do under X and IceWm just by opening a terminal and typing a dispwin command.

Hi Elle,
I somehow understand how you may feel, but Wayland will bring so many improvements that it will be hard to say "no, thanks". Just think about per-monitor scaling, which is currently simply impossible in X. Userspace tools will probably improve with time, becoming more "geek-friendly" than they are now.

Niccolo' Belli