[argyllcms] Re: dispwin doesn't while xcalib works

  • From: Kristian <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2012 12:35:48 +0200

Graeme Gill:
I'm guessing that you're using the NVidia drivers then. The problem is probably
that the NVidia drivers say they do XRANDR, but don't actually implement it
properly. You can work around this by setting the ARGYLL_IGNORE_XRANDR1_2
environment variable.

[There was a report recently that the very latest NVidia drivers may
  finally fix this problem, but I'd imagine that you'd need to make sure it
  works with your kernel and distribution:

<https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/colorhug-users/k_00ySospSc>
]

Thanks a lot. Setting the environment variable solved my problem. But I think the NVidia driver 302.xx doesn't solve the problem but made it appear on my computer. I'm already using version 302.17, but some months ago dispwin didn't show this behaviour and everything worked fine with the NVidia driver without setting ARGYLL_IGNORE_XRANDR1_2.

Kristian