[argyllcms] Re: dispwin doesn't while xcalib works

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2012 13:16:26 +1000

Kristian wrote:

> Sorry, my mail client had some problems, I accidentally sent a draft which
> didn't include the
> information. Here's it again: I'm using argyllcms 1.4.0 on Arch Linux. The
> graphics card is a
> NVIDIA NVS 3100M. "dispwin -r" has no effect on the screen.

I'm guessing that you're using the NVidia drivers then. The problem is probably
that the NVidia drivers say they do XRANDR, but don't actually implement it
properly. You can work around this by setting the ARGYLL_IGNORE_XRANDR1_2
environment variable.

[There was a report recently that the very latest NVidia drivers may
 finally fix this problem, but I'd imagine that you'd need to make sure it
 works with your kernel and distribution:

<https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/colorhug-users/k_00ySospSc>
]