[argyllcms] Re: dispwin doesn't find VideoLUT on Suse 11.0

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 23:06:15 +1000

Gary Summers wrote:
Could you tell me more? Which file, which tool, a manual, a howto somewhere?
Should I send you a copy of some config file?

Sorry, I'm not an expert on X11 configuration, you're best asking
on a forum where they are expert. All I'm relaying is what the
X11 server is saying - that it has 8 bit/channel Video LUTs and
a 6 bit/channel pixels, and there's no way to know how the two
are wired together. In any case, if you're interested in
the quality of color you will want to use at least 8 bits/channel
(24 bits total).

You could start by looking in xorg.conf, although I gather
some systems auto generate them, or even do without them.

You could try sending your xorg.conf, and maybe I can take
a guess at it.