[argyllcms] Re: dispwin - Profile Load Question

  • From: Jorge Fábregas <jorge.fabregas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 17:39:34 -0400

On Sunday 21 February 2010 16:10:27 Florian Höch wrote:
> On Linux, dispwin installs the profile either to
> ~/.local/share/color/icc/devices/display/<profile.icc>
> or, if you use sudo and dispwin's -sl option, to
> /usr/local/share/color/icc/devices/display/<profile.icc>
>
> The profile location is written to the file color.jcnf, which maps
> displays to profiles.
> That file is in ~/.config/ or (with sudo dispwin -sl) in /etc/xdg/
>
> (actually, dispwin uses XDG_CONFIG_DIRS and XDG_DATA_DIRS to determine
> the directories)
>
> dispwin -L reads the color.jcnf to load the correct profile. I don't
> know why it doesn't work in your case, though. You can check the above
> directories and color.jcnf to see if the profile was correctly installed.
>
> (as a side note, I'd do dispwin -c -L, which clears the calibration
> before loading it from the profile, instead of just -L. Although I don't
> think it'll solve the issue you're having, it's still a good idea)

Thanks Florian!  This is exactly what I was looking for!

You see,  I had to remove the rpm I used on Fedor 12 since none of the files &
variables you mentioned were there...so I decided to remove the rpm and  grab
the latest binary tarball (version 1.1.1) from the website (what I should have
done in the first place!).

After thiat, everyting works just like you pointed out.  Now, I just need some
time to get used to my "calibrated monitor" after years of using it
uncalibrated :(

Once again, many thanks!

All the best,
Jorge