[argyllcms] Re: dispread fails with ubuntu packed argyllcms with i1pro

  • From: Frederic Crozat <fred@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 07:33:37 +0100

2010/1/12 Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Roland Mas wrote:
>

> See above. Upstream won't fix, and I need it to work.
> Open source, so problem solved. Obviously I should have also
> called it something else and change the function
> names ("argyllusb say"), and there wouldn't even be
> an issue now, since it would just be "another bit of Argyll code".
>
> [I was assured that my changed to libusb had been merged with
> the distro's libusb install, but obviously this isn't the
> case if this sort of bug is turning up.]

I can only talk for Mandriva, but I tried to merge your patches in
system libusb (0.1.x) :
- first version caused regression on Logitech G15 keyboard user-space driver
- second version fixed this issue but broke pilot-link (ie Palm
synchronization).

So, I had to revert those patches (and now, we switched to libusb-1.0
so it is no longer relevant anymore).

(and no, I'm not putting the blame on anyone).

--
Frederic Crozat